Somatics for Stiff Neck, Back, and Shoulders | video lesson
Your body is a moving system of muscles, emotions, thoughts, habits and actions. If your neck is stiff, it's not just all in your neck. The neck is just one part of your spine, so to really move with comfort, let's get the whole body moving with ease.
Are you tired of spending your time and money on treatments, hoping someone will "fix" you, but get no long term results? Then why try to fix your problems from the outside, when really it's an inside job? Hanna/Clinical Somatics goes to the root of all movement; the brain! Accidents, surgeries, etc, can result in our brains contracting our muscles into habitual patterns that we forget how to release out of. We develop Sensory Motor Amnesia and literally forget how to "let it go".
This video will help your brain relearn how to sense what it's doing, release tension in the front, back, sides of the body and free the torso to rotate with freedom and ease. Sure it will help your neck, but it will also help you from head to toe. You'll be amazed at how Somatics changes everything!
This lesson is done predominately lying on the floor.
You will need:
* a quiet space with no distractions (TV, pets, music etc)
* space to lie down with legs and arms lengthened on the floor
* ability to get down and up from the floor
* a flat seated chair or stool with no arms
* optional pillow or yoga block
* optional yoga mat, blanket or rug... no padding, if you prefer